HeloPod™ Dip Tank / Cistern System
What is it?… Our new HeloPod is a portable / transportable convertible-top tank and water storage system designed with the constant and flexible needs of dynamic air operations in mind.
HeloPods™ are rugged ground based storage units designed to support helicopter firefighting operations and ground attack. HeloPods are more durable than “pumpkins” and other systems and simple to store as they are designed to forklift and stack easily or they can be pre-positioned and remain deployed as cisterns.
- Large capacity convertible-roof cisterns ranging from 3,000 – 14,000 gallons
- The units weigh approximately 4,000 lbs. – 6,500 lbs. – 10,000 lbs. * empty
- Easily transportable via flatbed wrecker, hook truck, tilt-bed trailer or heavy lift helicopter
- Retractable security top keeps the public out of the tank! Locks in place; easy to remove
- Concealed plumbing connections – supports engines, water tenders & helicopter OPS
- HeloPods have no internal or external hang up points that can snag snorkel hose
- HeloPods can hold water, PHOS-CHEK or gel
- Plumbing supports ground loading or aerial loading
- The wide 8′ opening supports “Bambi-Buckets” as well as snorkel OPS
- Reinforced steel sidewalls for durability
- Internal tank is coated with Rhino Liner
Top corner lights for night OPS, Internal tank area lights for night OPS, Pumps, Hoses, Generator(s), Extension Cords, Telescoping Ladder
The floor is reinforced to withstand Bambi-Bucket or Snorkel impact
- 2 – 4’’ built in fill / drafting ports with ball valves
- Built in hose door on left for hose and continuous fill OPS
- The interior can be lit on all four corners with white LEDs to illuminate the red center floor target
- Corners can be fitted with Green LED lights to assist pilots
- Built in 104 cubic foot storage locker inside the doors approximately 96’ wide x 78” x 24” deep with three adjustable shelves
- Storage for pumps, hoses, fittings, tools, MRE’s, water, etc…
- Bulkhead type: Walk-in door for ease of access and no confined space requirements
- Two (2) 8′ flexible suction hoses for engine drafting
- Storage area can accommodate an optional gel mixing plant
- Optional Items: Transfer pump(s), generator(s), hoses, low water level communications package*, water level control float valve, Gel Mixing Plant
*Some geographic restrictions may apply
Click or swipe below for a 3d representation of the new Heli Pod.
Call our HeloPod™ team today at 844.766.5763 to get a first look at this exciting new piece of equipment that will help maximize the proficiency of your Fire Department.