The HeloPod is the first tactical high capacity helicopter dip source with an optional built-in 800 GPM 4″ fill valve with float assembly protected inside a cabinet that it large enough for drafting pumps and hoses transportable intact! The standard configuration is (4) 4″ Universal Fill / Drafting Ports. The most popular and affordable model HeloPod by far is the T-MADS 4600. This is because when it is combined with a Tilt trailer, the weight is less than 9,999 lbs. That can be transported by a ¾ Ton Pick-up and Class C Licensed driver [See Attached Photo’s]. It is tactical and transportable intact and ready to fill in 15 minutes from being lowered to the ground. It was designed to be moved via any of the flowing transport platform: tilt trailer, hook truck, flat bed wrecker, or waste hauler. Alternatively, it can be air lifted empty, and then filled in 6 minutes. It can be moved by a contracted company without having to purchase a trailer. The HeloPod automatically refills simultaneously itself once a Helicopter starts the snorkel pump. When connected to a hydrant it is the refresh rate NOT the tank capacity that is important! The HeloPod® is a Sole Source product with Patent Pending and already adopted by 3 County Fire Department Air Ops Divisions and two CAL FIRE Units.
First and foremost, the HeloPod is a force multiplier and with a severe shortage of hand crews, helicopters will be leaned on even more. The HeloPod makes the helicopter more effective in its use of fuel and flight time by dropping as many gallons of water as possible per hour by reducing the cycle time. Fire departments with and without helicopters benefit from a high capacity dip source like the HeloPod, as their HeliSpots are readily equipped with a water source and dip source before Air Calvary arrives! With the HeloPod it can be repositioned as the head of the Fire moves.
Multi-Mission Versatile Platform:
- Dip Source
- Mop Up Operations (Supply for Hose Lays)
- (5) 4” Universal Ports
Cost Justification & Value Benefit Examples:
The HeloPod frees up an engine company and/or water tenders resources that normally would be assigned to re-filling the tank. With the number of VLHT and Type I celicopters in operation, the “Pumpkins” and “Fol-Da-Tanks” are becoming less practical and safe. Now that the Fire Service has upsized its helicopters it is essential to upgrade and add dip sites to support their larger capacity and that ability to hover fill.
A Type 1 FireHawk helicopter holds 1,000 gallons on each fill. If the body of water to dip from is 15 minutes away (4 Dip/Drop cycles) equates to 4,000 gallons of water dropped per hour. However, when the T-MADS HeloPod is repositioned close to fire line within 5 minutes of the flames, that same FireHawk can perform (12 Dip/Drops cycles) which is 12,000 gallons per hour dropped on the flames.
That is an increase of 200% more water dropped per hour. This increase helps reduce the spread of the fire, property loss, and loss of business revenue. Additionally, a more intense initial attack reduces chance of a small fire developing into a large incident. All while being filled automatically and unmanned.
Every other dip source product requires assembly, or is permanently buried in the ground and half the tank size. No competitors have the same fill rate capacity of 2,000 GPM, and none have or offer a fill valve with float that can be installed inside a built in cabinet.
A pre-positioned HeloPod can be an inexpensive alternative to a permanent dip site without all the requirements of engineering, architects, contractors, soil studies, permits, major excavation and many months of a Project Manager to handle the entire process. HeloPod is considerably faster at 8 weeks leadtime, and costs less than 1/4 of a permanent installation.
- Dimensions: 7′ wide by 3′ tall by 2′ deep
- Ample storage for pumps, hoses, fittings, etc…
- Lift up doors for ease of access
- Automatic 4″ fill valve and water level control float assembly
- 4 heavy duty lifting D-rings
- 12V marine battery with conditioner
- LED light level indicators
- LED lighting for tank interior and external ground lighting
- Two (2) 8′ x 4″ flexible suction hoses for engine drafting
- Gel mixing plant
Call our HeloPod™ team today at 844.766.5763 to get a first look at this exciting new piece of equipment that will help maximize the proficiency of your Fire Department.
HeloPod Tactical Features:
- Large capacity tank / cistern in sizes of 4,600 gallons (20,912 liters).
- Transportable by a driver with Class C License. The combined weight of the HeloPod and Tilt Trailer is under 9,999 lbs, indicating a 3/4 ton pick-up or larger.
- Additional transport options include flatbed wrecker, hook truck, bin hauler, tilt-bed trailer or gooseneck tilt. Can also be transported by heavy lift helicopter to remote shallow open water site.
- Does NOT need a forklift to deploy. Easily rolls OFF or ON trailer with one person!
- Built-in cabinet to secure module components such as drafting pumps, hoses, etc.
- Methods of filling include hydrant, up to (4) water tenders simultaneously up to 3,000 GPM, drafting pumps at shallow open water source, or by Type 1 helicopter aerial load.
- Cistern supports engines, water tenders, and helicopter operations
- No internal or external hang up points that can snag snorkel hoses or “Bambi Buckets”
- HeloPods can hold water, gel, or long term retardant
- Automatic Fill Valve & Float assembly – Connects to hydrant to fill at 800 GPM.
Note: HeloPod designed and engineered to hold in excess of 40,000 lbs. of water with heavy gauge steel for durability. Additional design aspects give the ability to be carried as helicopter by long sling.